Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana is the state government scholarship scheme for the meritorious girl students in Uttar Pradesh state. This scheme provides the financial help for girl student who has achieved merit distinction in 12th Board exams.
The main aim of this scheme is to support the poor girl students who not able to peruse their higher education due to financial weakness. This scheme is to encourage students to continue their education. Uttar Pradesh state government provide the better opportunities for increase higher education ration in India.
In the year 2016 state Government distributes Rs 268.30 crore for more than eighty-nine thousand students under this scheme. This scholarship amount will directly transfer to applicant bank account.
Eligibility for Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana:
- Applicant must be the resident of Uttar Pradesh
- This scheme only for the girl students
- The girl student must achieve merit distinction in class 12th
- The applicant family annual income should not greater than Rs 35000 yearly
- Girl student should belong to BPL family in this scheme
- The student studying from any educational board like UPMS, CBSE, Sanskrit board, ICSE, Madras Board
List of required documents for Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana:
- Aadhar card
- Educational mark sheet
- Recent passport size photos
- Income certificate
- Bank account details
- Address proof: Voter Card, Aadhar card, PAN card etc
Steps to Apply for Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana:
- All the eligible and interested candidates will download the application form for this scheme through the official website or collect the form at concerned school
- Then fill the application form manually with required information like name, parents details, parents income details, educational details etc
- Paste the passport size photograph on the application form
- After filling the application form, attach all the required documents to form and submit the form to concerned school for a verification process.
- After the verification done by the school office then afterward application will send to the office of district inspector of a school office
- This scheme taken the minimum number of students also the scholarship is provided for students who are present in the merit list
- You can also check the merit list through an official website
The State government of Uttar Pradesh issues the financial assistance of Rs 30,000 to each girl who has got merit distinction in the intermediate board exams
Once girl student names appeared in the merit list they are eligible for this Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana scholarship scheme. Every year the state government allocated the budget for this scheme to encourage the girl students for their higher education in the state.
Also Read: Apply UP Scholarship Online